Community Launch Events
We hosted a TX-KEA outreach event at each of the 20 education service centers across Texas in Spring 2017. Visit the TX-KEA Launch page to watch a recording of our event in Austin from February 2017.
Updates and Notes
TX-KEA Spring 2017 Webinar - May 11, 2017
TX-KEA Fall 2016 Webinar - October 27, 2016
The TX-KEA research team is finishing our scaling study for the new Texas Kindergarten Entry Assessment. Learn more about the scaling study here. The following school districts participated in the study:
- Aldine ISD – Houston
- Austin ISD – Austin
- Ector County ISD – Odessa
- Ft. Worth ISD – Dallas/Ft. Worth
- Ganado ISD – Victoria
- Houston ISD – Houston
- Kids R Kids Child Care centers – Austin
- Kids R Kids Child Care centers – Houston
- KIPP Charter Schools – Houston
- La Joya ISD – Rio Grand Valley
- Manor ISD – Austin
- Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD – Rio Grand Valley
- San Antonio ISD – San Antonio
- South San Antonio ISD – San Antonio
The TX-KEA research team will be posting summary information from our webinars, focus groups, and other events for interested stakeholders to review. The summary documents will be posted here.
TX-KEA Spring 2016 Webinar - March 24, 2016
TX-KEA Development and Implementation: An In-Depth Look for ESC Staff - February 9, 2016
TX-KEA Fall 2015 Webinar - November 11, 2015
TX-KEA Summer 2015 Focus Groups
- TX-KEA Focus Group Notes – General Session TX-KEA
- Focus Group Notes – Session with Emphasis on Writing
- TX-KEA Focus Group Notes – Sessions with Emphasis on Accommodations for Children with Special Needs
TX-KEA Webinar – May 4, 2015
TX-KEA Teacher Focus Groups – March 2015
- TX-KEA Social-Emotional Scale Development Focus Group with Bilingual Teachers – Notes
- TX-KEA Social-Emotional and Motor Scale Development Focus Group - Notes
TX-KEA Teacher and Administrator Focus Groups – July 9-10, 2014
TX-KEA Webinar – May 1, 2014
TX-KEA Teacher Focus Groups – April 19, 2014
Do you want to participate in the development of TX-KEA?
As we develop TX-KEA, there will be multiple opportunities for stakeholders to provide feedback, ask questions, and learn more about the project. In particular, we will have several opportunities for Texas teachers, administrators, and other stakeholders to learn about TX-KEA and participate in the development of the assessment.
Twice a year, the TX-KEA research team hosts information webinars about the assessment, where we showcase items, give updates on the test development, and discuss our outreach and training plans! Join our listserv to receive our webinar invitations!
To help guide the development of TX-KEA, our research team will host a series of focus groups with teachers, administrators, district staff, and early childhood coordinators throughout the research project. If you are interested in participating in a focus group, please join our listserv or email us at email@example.com